Volunteers contribute to Waltham Fields Community Farm through hands-on farm field work, education program assistance, event help, and general office support. There are many opportunities for individuals, families, business and social groups to volunteer and earn community service hours.
Help make FARM DAY a success! Volunteer on Saturday, October 20th!
VOLUNTEERING ON THE FARM
- Individuals, families (on Saturdays) and groups of 5 or fewer are welcome to drop-in volunteer without advance notice:
- DROP-IN FRIDAYS: Adults, ages 18+. Starts the first Friday in March, and every Friday morning through the last Friday in August. Starts promptly at 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- DROP-IN SATURDAYS: All Ages welcome, with 15 and under accompanied by an adult. Youth ages 15-17 must have their contact form and waiver signed by a parent or guardian before any volunteering can be done. Starts in April, and every Saturday morning through the end of October starts promptly at 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. LAST DROP-IN SATURDAY MORNING IS OCTOBER 27TH, 2018.
Where to Meet: April through October: Meet at the Volunteer Shelter in back.
If volunteering in the fields, please review our Tips for Volunteers in advance of your first experience.
Corporate, small business and community/religious group opportunities can engage in farm work April through October. Group volunteer opportunities are designed for 6-18 people. A tax-deductible contribution of $500/corporate group and $10-$20/individual for community groups is requested. This suggested contribution helps defray the costs associated with organizing, leading, and educating groups, ensuring our ability to offer meaningful service learning experiences. Thank you for your support! Questions about volunteering? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
To Schedule Your Group:
Choose 3 dates and times from the calendar below that work best for your group, then complete the Volunteer Group Form. We will get back to you within a week. Please note that availability on this calendar does not guarantee that space will be available for you until you have heard back from us. Thank you! We really value your support and look forward to working with you!
There are times throughout the year when we look for volunteers to help us with specific office tasks, event coordination, or special projects. If you are interested in non-field volunteering please contact Volunteer and Development Coordinator to find a volunteer project for you!
- Sprout! We are planning Sprout, annual fundraising, and celebratory event. We need lots of volunteers and have numerous ways in which you can participate. Interested? Fill out this Sprout volunteer form to let us know!
- Retail/Sales Assistance: In need of up to 20-week commitment, one to two days a week, assisting in our retail farm store. Activities include providing customer service, processing retail payments, restocking items, greeting customers, and closing store. Interested Contact email@example.com for more info.