Waltham Fields Community Farm grows several types of cabbage including green, red, savoy and napa.
- Cabbage, Apple & Sweet Potato Salad
- Rainbow Chopped Salad with Honey Apple Vinaigrette
- Napa Cabbage Salad
- Warm Salad
- Savoy Cabbage Gratin
- Chinese Napa Cabbage Salad
- Eat the Lambscape!
- CSA Happy Meal Recipe - Hippy-food Style
- Cole Slaw
- Greens Cookbook Brown Rice Casserole
Napa Cabbage Salad with Peanuts and Ginger
- 2 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 piece fresh ginger (1 inch long), peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 medium napa cabbage (about 1 pound), cored and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 red bell pepper (seeds and ribs removed), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, ginger, and oils until dressing is smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, bell pepper, cilantro, and peanuts. Add dressing to taste, and toss to combine. Serve.
Copyright 2007 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. All rights reserved.
Chinese Cabbage Salad
- 1 head Chinese (Napa) cabbage
- 1 bunch green onions
Dressing Step 1
- ½ c seasoned rice vinegar
- ½ c sesame oil
- 3 tbs sugar or honey
Dressing Step 2
- 3 tbs sesame oil
- 3 tbs peanut oil
- 2 pk Ramen noodles (uncooked and broken into very small pieces, discard seasoning)
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds.
Prepare greens by chopping up the Napa cabbage and the green onions. You may use a coarse chop or shred depending on preference: coarser than most cole slaw but not "bite sized" pieces.
Boil together the vinegar, ½ cup sesame oil, and sugar.
In a frying pan, add the dressing ingredients listed in Step 2 and saute until the Ramen noodles and sesame seeds are lightly browned. Mix with the sweet oil and vinegar mixture and chill.
Keep greens and dressing separate until ready to serve. Toss dressing in with greens. You may also add cooked chicken if you like.
(Makes 12 servings)