Broccoli is a plant of the Cabbage family, it possesses abundant fleshy flower heads, usually green in color, arranged in a tree-like fashion on branches sprouting from a thick, edible stalk. The large mass of flower heads is surrounded by leaves.
- Broccoli and Tofu in Peanut Sauce
- Green Curry
- Greens Cookbook Brown Rice Casserole
- Roasted Autumn Vegetables
Broccoli Salad (Submitted by Kristi Swanson, AmeriCorps NCCC 2003)
- 1 head broccoli cut up into small pieces
- 1 small red onion--chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 10 bacon strips, fried and crumbled (You may substitute Bacos)
Mix all of the above ingredients together
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
Mix with salad. Optional you may top with 1 cup sunflower seeds. Chill 1-2 hours before serving.